Sunday, September 5, 2010

Skype

Thank you Skype!!!  Probably the best experience we've had since we've been here occurred today.  We got to see and talk with Tim on Skype.  I am so thankful for this service! 

Jacob was absolutely ecstatic to see Tim.  He bounded around the room, climbing up and down off the chair, showing Tim some of his most prized possessions from his room.  Jacob ran to the train table reintroducing each train to Tim, and he even busted out his best dance moves for his dad too! 

I have been so grateful to get to talk to Tim at least once a day on the telephone, so I didn't think seeing him on Skype would be that much different.  But, when I saw his face and knew that I was looking at him in real time, rather than at a still picture in a frame, I couldn't contain my emotions.  There he was talking and looking well, and I was just so overcome with joy.  It was wonderful to see him and to know that he is healthy and doing well.  While I don't enjoy this time apart, it does make me remember the reasons I love Tim and it makes me ever so thankful to God for answering the prayer I prayed so many times before I met him - that God would bless me with the perfect person for me to share my life with. 

Out of all the millions (maybe trillions) of people in this world, how can it not be a miracle that there is one person just made for you?  It just amazes me that there can be someone out there who is your other half...who completes you...who just "gets" you.  There are moments that I miss Tim so much that my heart aches inside, but then that same aching gives me such joy and peace to know God loved me enough to hear the longings of my heart and to fulfill my inmost desires so perfectly by leading me to Tim. 

1 comment: