I haven't had much to say lately because really I haven't had time to say anything. In fact, I wasn't able to hook my computer back up until today.
So, what's going on? We received all of our household goods (i.e. our furniture and other worldly possessions). Thanks to a wonderful friend of mine, on Tuesday I was able to devote my entire morning to helping the movers get everything into our condo as expeditiously as possible. I certainly broke a sweat that day! Kudos to the movers too! They were thorough, kind, and didn't slack a bit!
Once the movers left, our once barren condo had been transformed into a maze of boxes and misplaced furniture. For the past several days, every spare moment has been dedicated to opening, emptying, and breaking down boxes. I have made it a strict rule never to leave the condo without a stroller full of empty boxes.
However, I am happy to report that my hard work has paid off and our condo is starting to feel more like a home. I did have one profound epiphany as I was putting away all of our "Stuff." For the last 2 1/2 months, we have been living with the bare minimum of "stuff." At first there were things I missed, but after so much time I really didn't remember what all we had coming in our shipment. Now that I am unpacking everything, I have come to realize that perhaps I have way more than I really NEED. I am seeing very clearly that "needing" and "wanting" are two very different things, and my closet reflects a fair amount of greed on my part. It's a good lesson to learn, and I hope to keep it at the forefront of my mind, especially when I'm perusing the aisle of my favorite stores.
Sayonara for now!
No comments:
Post a Comment