Thursday, August 19, 2010

Zushi

Exploring Zushi:

No, I didn't mean Sushi, I meant Zushi. We live just outside the town of Zushi, and I have been anxious to go into town and investigate. Today, we took the train with some friends, and after only one stop, we were in Zushi.

I guess you could say that Zushi is a typical little Japanese town. There are lots of small restaurants, stores, fruit stands, and even a Starbucks!! We popped our heads into all kinds of stores. My favorite was the small toy store. They did have "Thomas the Train," but the boxes all say "Tommy." I also liked all the "matchbox" type of cars. These cars are all individually packaged in tiny boxes. They just look like so much fun to buy! I already told my husband he is not allowed to step foot in there alone with our son!

I don't think I've mentioned it yet, but Japan has the most mouth-watering pastries I have every tasted!! I think of France and Germany as having the corner market on pastries, but I think Japan ranks up there as one of the best!! Jacob and his friend shared some strawberry shortcake at Starbucks, and of course I had a taste, purely for quality control purposes.

Progress on the Home Front:

As a mom, I would be remiss if I didn't take this opportunity to exercise some bragging rights. Jacob has been working on writing while we've been here. I'm so proud of him, and enjoy watching him get excited about learning different letters. I hope he keeps up the positive attitude for the next 15 years!!

Sayonara for now!

No comments:

Post a Comment